How to take Modafinil
Modafinil is usually taken once a day in the morning but can be split into two doses a day if your doctor deems it appropriate. It can be taken with or without food. Tablets should be swallowed whole with water.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor straight away if you have any of the
following side effects:
- You have sudden signs of allergic reactions such as rash, itching or hives on the skin, difficulty breathing or wheeziness or your face, mouth or throat begins to swell, disorder of lymph node (signs may include painful, warm, red lumps under your skin, fever or unusual tiredness) .
- You notice a skin rash or itching (especially if it affects your whole body). Severe rashes may cause blistering or peeling of the skin, ulcers in your mouth, eyes, nose or genitals. You may also have a high temperature (fever) and abnormal blood test results. (see section 2, Warnings and precautions).
- Diabetes with increased blood sugar (symptoms may include frequent urination, excessive thirst, unexplained weight loss, extreme hunger, sudden change in vision, tiredness).
- You feel any change in your mental health and wellbeing. The signs may include: o mood swings or abnormal thinking,
- aggression or hostility
- forgetfulness or confusion,
- feeling of extreme happiness,
- over-excitement or hyperactivity,
- anxiety or nervousness,
- depression, suicidal thoughts or behaviour,
- agitation or psychosis (a loss of contact with reality which may include delusions or sensing things that are not real), feeling detached or numb, or personality disorder.