Dormicum (Midazolam) 15mg is a benzodiazepine sedative. It was first used in the year 1976. It is in the medicine list in the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines because it is essential and effective in the health system. You can find that it is available as a generic medicine.
What are the different forms or types of Dormicum (Midazolam)?
The different forms of Dormicum (Midazolam) are as follows:
What are the uses of drug Dormicum (Midazolam)?
The uses of Dormicium (Midazolam) 15 mg are enumerated below:
1.For the treatment of seizures.
2. Used for anesthesia, for those who face trouble while sleeping, and in case of severe agitation.
3. Used as an anxiolytic which is frequently used in a number of major and minor operations.
How does Dormicum(Midazolam) work?
Dormicum works by inducing sleepiness in a person, decreasing the anxiety and causing a loss of ability to create new memories.
What is the dosage of Dormicum(Midazolam)?
People take Dormicum (Midazolam) 15 mg orally by mouth, intravenously, or by injecting it into a muscle, spraying into the nose, or applying it through the cheek.You should avoid carrying out the treatment with Dormicum (Midazolam) for more than 2 weeks. In some cases, the duration of treatment varies.
Adults should be given 7.5 mg to 15 mg of the medicine orally daily
Elderly people should be given 7.5 mg orally daily
For premedication purposes,7.5 mg to 15 mg, should be given 30-60 minutes before the procedure orally.
2.For endoscopic or cardiovascular procedures:
The initial dose for adults is 2.5 mg(IV).
For the elderly and debilitated patients, the dose is 1-1.5 mg (IV)
3.For the induction of anesthesia:
The adult dose is 10-15 mg (IV) or 0.07-0.1 mg/Kg body weight, generally 5 mg (IM).
For children, it is 0.15-0.20 mg/Kg (IM).
For elderly & debilitated patients it is 0.025-0.05 mg/Kg (IM)
4. For rectal administration in the children for preoperative sedation, the ampoule solution of 0.35-0.45 mg/Kg is applied 20-30 min before induction of general anesthesia. get 100 tab Dormicum (Midazolam) now
Dormicum (Midazolam) Overdose
Though an overdose of Dormicum (Midazolam) 15mg is not life-threatening but can lead to undesirable outcomes which are enlisted below:
4. The occurrence of slurred speech
5. Facing somnolence or difficulty staying awake
6. Experiencing mental confusion
7. Feeling hypotension
8. OCcirencence of Respiratory arrest
9. The occurrence of Vasomotor collapse
10. Impairment of the motor functions
11. Impairment of the reflexes
12.The occurrence of an impaired coordination
13.The occurrence of an impaired balance
14.Feelings of dizziness
15.Risk of entering into the coma
16. Chances of death
Immediate medical attention is required in such cases of overdose, for preventing the condition from worsening. get 100 tab Dormicum (Midazolam) now
what are the short and long-term effects of Dormicum (Midazolam)?
The side-effects of buy Dormicum (Midazolam) , which you must be aware of while taking the medicine are enumerated below:
There are some less common effects:
1.Feelings of anxiety
2.Experiencing pain in the chest pain or feeling uncomfortable
3.Feelings of choking
4.Occurrence of confusion
5.Facing difficulty or troubled breathing
7.The occurrence of dryness of mouth
8.Experiencing a faster heartbeat or irregular heartbeats
9.Occurrence of hyperventilation
10.The occurrence of irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
13.The feelings of lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
15.Feelings of nervousness
16.The occurrence of noisy breathing
17.The occurrence of pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
19.Feelings of shaking
20.The occurrence of shortness of breath
21.Experiencing tightness in the chest
22.Experiencing a problem while sleeping
23.Inability to speak
24.Experiencing unusual tiredness
25.Occurrence of fatigue
Some of the rare symptoms are:
1.The occurrence of attack, assault, or force
2.Changes in patterns and rhythms of speech
3.Getting a feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
4.Experiencing a headache
5.The occurrence of a lack or loss of self-control
6.The occurrence of a loss of balance
7.Experiencing mood swing
9. Feelings of restlessness
10.Experiencing a sensation of spinning
11.Experiencing shakiness and unsteady walk
12.The occurrence of sleepiness feeling.
14.The occurrence of slurred speech
15.Facing trouble while speaking
16.Occurrence of unconsciousness
17. The occurrence of unsteadiness, trembling, or other problems related to muscle control or coordination
What are the interactions of Dormicium with other drugs?
Dormicum interacts with certain other drugs because of which you should avoid taking the combination simultaneously. These are enlisted below:
1. A prolonged action results because of the protease inhibitors, nefazodone, sertraline, grapefruit, fluoxetine, erythromycin, diltiazem, clarithromycin.
They hinder the metabolism of Dormicium.
2. The metabolism of Dormicum is increased which results in a decreased action if you take St John’s wort, rifapentine, rifampin, rifabutin, phenytoin.
3. There is an enhancement in the sedative effects of Dormicium if you take the sedating antidepressants, antileptic drugs such as phenobarbital, phenytoin, and carbamazepine, sedative
antihistamines, opioids, antipsychotics, and alcohol.
4. Cytochrome P450-3A4 completely metabolizes Dormicum
If you take Atorvastatin with Dormicum, there is a reduction in the elimination rate of Dormicum.
5. St John’s wort decreases the blood levels of Dormicum. Grapefruit juice reduces the intestinal 3A4 and decreases metabolism. It also leads to reduced metabolism and higher plasma concentrations.